Monday, November 9, 2009

My project last week

I mentioned that I was going to be working at my girlfriend Donna's pharmacy last week getting her all gussied up and decorated for Christmas. I'll tell ya it was HARD work, but it was so much fun that it didn't feel like work! I truly wish I could do this type of work for a living. Maybe some day *sigh*. She has offered me a job twice now. Why haven't I taken it you ask? Seeing as how I'm unemployed and all you would think I would jump at it! But, the money is just not there. I can't AFFORD to work for what she can pay me. I have way too much invested in my degrees to do that. Now, if this unemployment thing drags on for much longer, I will probably take it until I finish my Masters degree. But, for now I need to put my efforts into searching for a job that fits my education.

So, anyway..when you look at these pictures keep in mind that these shelves were covered in everday merchandise and everything in the store had to be moved or taken to the back stock room. My arms, legs, feet, and every other muscle in my body was KILLING me. But, it was good for me and I'm thankful she let me do it. Hope I can help her out next year too! I am personalizing ornaments too so if you want one just let me know!

Donna and I (I have to say we have TOO much fun and she is great!)



One of the displays I did with the white Christmas dishes


I so wish I had something to cover that ugly pegboard up with but I worked it ok I think

Moving all of this stuff out here is what caused me so much pain!!


Christmas tree is a work in progress. Love how the fire extinguisher is so handy :)


And Donna caught off guard..That's Andy beside her who is a pharmacy student at Union. He happens to be one of Jodi's (my best friend and Livy's "aunt") students.


I had a blast there and I love that it didn't feel like work. All the stuff in the pictures that we are selling..yeah I sold that to Donna when I worked with Ganz. It is ALL Ganz stuff. It pained me a little to be putting it out, but it's all good. Thanks Ganz.

0 comments: