Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like what???

I know I was totally befuzzled in JULY when I walked into Hobby Lobby and they had their Christmas out already. I mean I've heard of retail stores doing Christmas in July before but you don't get that kind of atmosphere when you walk in there. You get that "Christmas in your face" just seconds after you walk in. Didn't we just celebrate Christmas yesterday?


Anyway, I have been working at my girlfriends' pharmacy this week helping her get ready for her Open House and merchandising all of her Christmas stuff. It's getting me very much in the mood now! All the Christmas lights and pretty red and green bows...I am loving it. Open House is today!! Hoping we sell lots of stuff!

On a different note, my full time job hunt is going very slowly. I am now realizing that 4th quarter is not so great a time to look for a job. I am doing "freelance" work right now. Not only am I helping at the pharmacy but I'm doing some work for Andy at Majestic too. He has NO computer system set up for his restaurant, he does everything on paper *gasp*. So, I'm doing him a fancy excel sheet for all his food suppliers so he can compare prices. He was keeping up with it in a binder with alphabetized tabs. It worked for him but he will love this. Technology is a must have for businesses!!

I'll have pictures of the pharmacy and all my hard work soon...and I do mean hard work. My feet are killing me and my whole body is sore from bending, lifting, and going back and forth from the stock room. It's good for me though. (at least that's what Michael said before he got a nice punch in the arm)

Pictures of us last year in front of the Christmas tree. Michael is now 40 lbs lighter (and bald since his butchered hair cut thanks to me last night)


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

YAY!!! Am adding you to my "watch" list now!!!! Let the stalking begin!!!