Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chasing the job cause the job won't chase me

Today Michael and I are driving to Nashville so I can take a "written exam" for state employment with DHS. There is no way to study for this written exam. I have talked to one of the girls that works at DHS and took the test 7 years ago, she says it is mostly alot of math and vocabulary. I think it is just to determine if you are competent or not. Although I loathe the thought of working in that type of environment, I think the benefits outway the negatives. I got WAY too used to the flexibility of my sales job and the potential for flexible income. However, once I get into state employment it will be easier to move around to different areas if I want to in the future. My dad's retirement package was AWESOME so that's definately a plus too.

0 comments: